Sporting Clays & 5-Stand Rules
- Eye and ear protection is mandatory for all shooters and bystanders.
- Squad size will be limited to 5 shooters for Sporting Clays
- It is forbidden to shoot at any live game.
- Only shot sizes of 7.5, 8, or 9 are allowed
- No more than two shells shall be loaded in a shotgun at a time.
- Do not handle another shooter’s shotgun without their permission
- Shotguns may be loaded only while in the station, the gun is over the front rail, and the range is clear and safe.
- When leaving a station, shooters must ensure that their shotgun is unloaded, the action is open, and the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction.
- All shots must be taken from inside a station.
Rifle & Pistol Range Rules
You MUST be approved by a Director or Range Officer before using the ranges. The rifle and pistol ranges are available to members ONLY. Members must have a brief safety orientation before using the ranges. Members are allowed to bring immediate family members ONLY (Spouse, child, grandchild, parent, sibling) as guests. The guest does not need to have the orientation but must be accompanied by the member who will be responsible for their guest following all of the rules.
- Entire firing line must be safe before any person proceeds downrange (forward of the firing line). Do not handle firearms when anyone is forward of the firing line, all firearms MUST BE emptied, cased, holstered, or benched with cylinders open, actions open with magazines out and ejection port in up position. Fixed magazines MUST indicate / show being empty.
Entire firing line must be safe before any person proceeds downrange (forward of the firing line). Do not handle firearms when anyone is forward of the firing line, all firearms MUST BE emptied, cased, holstered, or benched with cylinders open, actions open with magazines out and ejection port in up position. Fixed magazines MUST indicate / show being empty.
- Place targets so as not to damage target frames and in a position for bullets to be contained in dirt backstop
- NO targets are to be placed on the ground.
- NO targets, clay birds, etc. are to be placed or set on target frames. Bullets do not stop at the paper target or bird.
- NO shooting at targets outside of the back stop. Every shooter has the responsibility to make sure that every bullet fired impacts safely in the backstop.
- NO automatic or bump firing; to include any internal or external devices that cause sustained fire. No uncontrolled or un-aimed fire. All shooting on the rifle range must be aimed fire.
- Keep all ranges clean at all times. Pick up trash. Do not leave targets on backers.
- Absolutely NO shooting at gun racks, target stands or similar items. Anyone found doing so will be removed from membership and denied all future access to the range.
- Shooters must visibly display their Club membership card on their person (NOT in a shooting bag or in the truck or anywhere else) at all times when on the rifle and pistol range. Lanyards for this purpose are available to borrow by the clubhouse door.
- Shooters must sign-in and sign-out using the book in a weatherproof box by the clubhouse door each and every time they use the range.
- Club officers and directors are authorized and directed to ask anyone not complying with the above rule to immediately leave Club premises. Repeated non-compliance or any sort of resistance to requests by Club officers or directors will result in expulsion from membership.